2. FKA twigs – EP2: not technically an album but needs to be on this list because of the beautiful production and just grand, sensual soundscapes that will take you to another world.
3. Szjerdene – Patchwork The EP: listen, her voice is something else, an instrument of its own. just beauty captured on audio.
4. HAIM – Days Are Gone: an essential coming-of-age album for 20-somethings. also, if you ever get the chance to see the Haim sisters perform live, Este’s bass face is something to see.
5. Beyoncé – Beyoncé: possibly her best album yet, honest songwriting and detailed production, no track is a throw-away.
6. Quadron – Avalanche: Coco O’s voice + Robin Hannibal’s production = perfection
7. M.I.A. – Matangi: pure energy.
8. Charli XCX – True Romance: an angsty pop record that’s easy to dance to and cry along with.
9. Yuna – Nocturnal: charming, calming, and colorful, yuna is like that wise older sister who always knows what to say.
10. Janelle Monáe – The Electric Lady: the best soundtrack to a non-existent movie (basically, Monáe’s Cindi Mayweather should be a real movie).